Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving Day 2011

Drawing sewn on Canvas    Artwork and Photo by Margaret Braun   SOLD
Today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada.

I spent the morning cooking a BIG batch of perogies and baking a European-style golden-flax loaf of bread for dinner.

This sunny and warm afternoon 22C (76F), I ran in my favourite park and, later, walked through a golden sea of autumn leaves. The Canadian Geese were flying in V-formation and practiced their landings.

I'm at home now, but, will be heading out in a few minutes to commune with my family and enjoy a delicious supper.

What am I grateful for today?  Pretty much EVERYTHING!  All is well in my life and has been for a very long time.  I feel VERY blessed.

If I had to list the top three things I'm thankful for they would be:

1.  The large community of BEAUTIFUL people in my life -- both family and friends -- and the new grandbaby that is still safely snuggled in my daughter's tummy whom I saw in a 3D movie last Sunday.

2.  This AMAZING country!  How stunning and diverse it is!

3.  The GOOD FORTUNE of being an active member in the art community.

I KNOW that I am blessed.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe see you at drawing; painting at Elk Island the other weekend with the Glenys, what is that man grabbing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No maybe about it! I will see you at drawing.

    ReplyDelete